Saturday, February 16, 2013

Direction for 2013

At the end of 2012, a great opportunity arose for me in my triathlon endeavors.  I was provided with the chance to be a part of something that I really believe in, youth involvement in triathlon.  Maverick Multisport has a great youth development team meeting in Louisville that I get to help train and mentor.  Along the way I also get to try out new (to me) apparel and equipment; I get to race and occasionally train with a great group of athletes.

Some of my new apparel has already come in and I am already enjoying my change to SwiftWick for socks and SmithOptics sunglasses.  I have already gotten some great advice and necessary gains from my association with The Center for Alternative Medicine through a gait analysis and ART.  The team has a relationship with Infinit Nutrition which I have used for years, but I have gotten the opportunity to get some assistance customizing my nutrition mix and trying their recovery drink and Napalm (their version of an energy gel).  There are many more sponsors that I can't wait to work with such as Brooks Airbrush StudioTYR SportsScott SportsCycle SmithsTri-Bike Transport and Louisville Slugger.

Like I said, the real appeal to this team was the youth development team.  I have gotten to go to Louisville to practice with them a couple times and it is really amazing that they have the love and the opportunity to pursue triathlon at such a young age.  Not saying that I would have taken up triathlon in junior high or high school even, but it is awesome that they are dedicated to getting better at swimming, biking and running when their peers are not thinking about much more than video games, texting and traditional sports.  I admire these kids and I hope that I can give them as much support and advice as they desire as I know that they provide me with motivation to get back out and train when my legs are tired and my motivation is lacking.

I am appreciative of the opportunity to join this team and I look forward to taking you along on my journey for the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment